Friday, February 29, 2008

Absoluetly Everything about Nothing...

{words Brian}

Some would say I have an Unhealthy love affair with Bacon. Why? Because I have a "What Would Bacon Do" decision maker? Because I made a Bacon Pinewood Derby car? Because I was involved in the creation of ‘The Mitch’…a bacon and bourbon shot that you can find at Fat Alley in Telluride CO (which later was the inspiration for Bacon Salt). Because I think the Bacon-tini you can get at Smarty Pants is the best thing to happen to Martinis? Maybe it’s just because Bacon is awesome and is one of the only food products you wrap lame food products with to make them taste better.

A good friend and fellow Bacon Lover sent me this and it’s too good not to share.

Last weekend 2 lbs of Bacon were delicately interwoven together to make a Bacon Mat. This idea was taken a step further when he formed the Mat around a Bowl and turned it upside down to fill it with breakfast goodies. Brilliant. Although I’m still a little hurt that I wasn’t invited for this Heart Clogging Fest…I was assured that this was a test run and I would be there for round 2.

5 comments:

cvmxher said...

let me know when you come down to Portland - you obviously have not had the bacon maple bar at voodoo Doughnuts.

Anonymous said...

I believe its time has passed, but the "Porkwich" was a drink available at the Deep Down Lounge in Temple Billiards. Johnny, the barman, loved all things pork. Make sure you keep the defib. nearby.

Chunk said...

I just showed this to my chick. She was so fascinated by the concept that she's going to try and make one.

I feel like i just won the lottery.

Anonymous said...

I gotta believe it's more about pork than just bacon, right? Like Anthony Bourdain's obsession? If that's the case, then I'm sure you've hit Salumi for their porchetta sandwich? By the way, just how do you get it to come out looking so good? I'm assuming it's not just 350 degrees for 20 minutes kinda thing.

Unknown said...

Sherry...I was actually let down when I was in PDX for the handbuilt...I wandered into Voodoo one morning (in a haze) and tried to scrape together the remaining change in my pocket for one of the sacred BMBs. I came up short. One day...oh yes...one day.

K..."porkwich" sounds up my alley. Maybe a special PorkTrip is in order.

Chunk...Stevil felt the same way. His exact words were..."I feel like I just got punched in the face by God."

Thomas...Unfortunatly Salumi is just as elusive as the Maple Bar...work is too far away to make it there for lunch. If anyone downtown really loved me...wow, what a treat it would be to show up at Hooverville and have one waiting! And yes...I believe it is as simple as 350 for 20...the real clogger is you're supposed to hit the pan with some butter so it stays nice and lubed before the grease takes hold. Mmmmmmmmmmm...