Thursday, December 13, 2007

SOME KINDA LIFE

{words images carey}

Lower light, more layers, heavier bikes, heavier bellies (those damn seasonal beers), darker mornings, darker evenings, cooler air, and hoards of rabbits. A winter wouldn't be without any of these things and despite the "ER" on the end of every word above - we are enjoying it tremendously.

At the 9lbs last night Brian and I were talking about riding partners and how you can ride with so many different people and there are the 2 or 3 people that you just jive with; you know each others movements, decisions, navigation's, and style so well that you never have to think when riding them. Well, Brian is one of those perfect riding partners for me and I am amazed every time I ride with him how everything just works. It is almost odd how well we connect while riding - same observations, generally the same thoughts, same outfits (yes we are dorks - but the equipment works!), same coffee addiction, same beer addiction, and same bike addiction.

It has been a year since the first day Brain showed me the route to get into Raleigh and I remember being hella confused, fatigued, excited, and happy. I had never ridden 50 miles in one day ever...I had never had to get off my bike for a rest ever...and I had never ridden in the dark ever. So, after a year of riding with Mr. Brian in celebration of finding a great riding partner a bird took a nice big crap on his arm this morning...(oh, and I bought him a nice big 9lb Porter last night as well so I guess it kind of makes up for the poop).

"Ahh...man a bird just pooed on me!"


We just can't get away from the suicidal trail rabbits - they somehow made their way into All City Coffee this morning. One of these days a rabbit is going to get sucked into our wheels and he/she is going to be sorry for playing chicken.

ColdER weather means throw the toe warmERs on.

Brian was rolling with a bit of color coordination.

We were either pedaling super fast or the light was low - couldn't figure it out (smile).

This must be the new Zip Car fleet that is taking over Flex Car - we couldn't quite understand why the blue car was so boxy and didn't follow an aerodynamic form like the others?


Brand new bridge boards - so new you could smell them!


ENJOY THE RIDE!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Story of Brian's life, getting crapped on!