Thursday, April 2, 2009

Surprise...

Can be the best offense.

I finally got to see the start list for SSWC in Durango. At first I didn't think I made it in...which totally floored me! I had done everything they requested, and more, to get into this event.

I was postmarked by the right date.

I filled out my check...correctly this time. (turns out using Roman numerals instead of numbers is frowned upon)

I had one of the Raleigh graphics people do an AMAZING job of coloring my application.
Plus, I included an extra application (just in case) that had nothing to do with theirs...just to make sure.

So what the heck?!

I called up my pal Doom and gave him a good ol 'what for' (if you've ever wanted one of his sweet custom vests...apparently now is the time to hit him up) At the end of my rant (which somehow involved Driving Miss Daisy) he reassured me that he'd look into it and make sure I was on the list. But calmly asked me, like any good customer service representative, to go back to the list and double check to make sure I wasn't really on it.

Grudgingly, I checked out the list...AGAIN. I was making my way down the list, reading each name to myself as I went (lips moving the entire time). And as I neared the last page, I took out my phone and was pulling up Dooms number when I saw this....




I don't know what a Fuzzy John is, however I do know what a Sally is. And then it dawned on me...they posted that ALL females that registered were guaranteed entry. So in a last ditch effort to ensure I'd make it in, I used the nickname that's followed me around like the paparazzi follows Britney in Vegas.
In my defense I did not register as a female, I just used my nickname. Their form had something that looked like this...

M/F AGE :

I thought they were asking what my preference would be...

And upon further inspection of their site I caught a glimpse of my 'other' entry...


{It's in there...you just have to know which one it is}

Finding out that SSWC is the weekend around Dirt Demo crushed me. But I've never let something as silly as 'work' stop me before...

1 comment:

Dylan VanWeelden said...

Look out for Fuzzy John. Met him at Sea Otter a couple years ago. He's fast as hell and often has a little dog with him. Big long beard that is, well. fuzzy.

D-bag