Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tag

It would appear that I was tagged a couple weeks ago on the Bicycle Design Blog with some questions that were made up/modified and sent on. The whole reasoning for the questions is quite confusing and I have a hard enough time with Laces on shoes (I'm so thankful to the aliens for Velcro!).
Anyway...here are the questions and my responses. Please remember that these responses in not way reflect the attitude and opinions of Raleigh America and it's partners. The opinions expressed in these questions are by me and me alone.


If you could have any one — and only one — bike in the world, what would it be?

I hate to sound corporate right now, but I’m still riding my ‘new bike stoke’. Scroll down and check out my new sweetness. Question one. Easy.

Do you already have that coveted dream bike? If so, is it everything you hoped it would be? If not, are you working toward getting it? If you’re not working toward getting it, why not?

Whoa, the first question just asked about picking a bike…nothing about that bike being a dream bike. I think the word ‘covet’ is very appropriate for this question though. Shouldn’t dream bikes remain just that…as Dream Bikes. As soon as you acquire your Dream Bike your mind begins to wander to yet another bike. And suddenly you’re committing Bike-dultry on your dream ride. So, much like dating, I’ll continue to ride bikes that are ‘obtainable’ and allow my Dreams to evolve with the industry.


If you had to choose one — and only one — bike route to do every day for the rest of your life, what would it be, and why?

Seems I already do this one. I ride into work every day, on the same route…all the time. Best part of mine is it involves a coffee shop in the morning and a couple watering holes on the way home. Any time I can incorporate Bikes, Coffee, Rainier, and friends on a ride…it’s a good one.

What kind of sick person would force another person to ride one and only one bike ride to do for the rest of her / his life?

Ask my employer.

Do you ride both road and mountain bikes? If both, which do you prefer and why? If only one or the other, why are you so narrowminded?

Sure do. And seeing as how “the one” bike I would ride forever (see question 1) would be a Cyclocross bike…I don’t think I can say I’d prefer to do one over the other. Give me a mix of both and you have one happy cyclist.

Have you ever ridden a recumbent? If so, why? If not, describe the circumstances under which you would ride a recumbent.

Aren’t there a few jokes out there about riding a recumbent? I will admit nothing here. Me riding a recumbent is like UFO and Sasquatch sightings…there is no real physical evidence that I’ve ridden one, but no one can prove I haven’t either. The truth is out there…

Have you ever raced a triathlon? If so, have you also ever tried strangling yourself with dental floss?

Funny. I was registered to do a Tri this summer. Then I sobered up long enough to realize that I sink and there wouldn’t be a recumbent riding homicidal axe wielding maniac after me and forcing me to run. So I did a Crit instead.


Suppose you were forced to either give up ice cream or bicycles for the rest of your life. Which would you give up, and why?

Thank God this question didn’t ask me to choose between bikes and bacon. Wait…is there bacon in the ice cream?

What is a question you think this questionnaire should have asked, but has not? Also, answer it.

Given the line of questions that have been asked, I expected a question like “If you could ‘hook up’ with one professional cyclist (living or dead) and no one would know about it, who would it be?”

The answer…Marco Pantani (Elefantino)

You’re riding your bike in the wilderness (if you’re a roadie, you’re on a road, but otherwise the surroundings are quite wilderness-like) and you see a bear. The bear sees you. What do you do?

Offer the bear the number of a good Waxer. Hair is dirty, and the chances of your wounds becoming infected increase dramatically with that much hair.

Now, tag three biking bloggers. List them below.

With that I'll add 29inches to this, the kids over at Bike Hugger, and those dirty little Vigilantes down in Portland.

For some reason...I feel dirty now. I don't know why.



2 comments:

cvmxher said...

mmmm bacon. So when are you coming to Portland??

BF kemyooter said...

I'm trying. Was hoping to head down this weekend but things are nutters. I wanna get down there and cash in my free Bacon Maple Bar coupon from ya!