Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Coming Up For Air

Wow...has it really been that long since there was a posting on this site?! I'd like to say "it's that time of year in the bike industry" because...well...it is that time of year in the bike industry.

2008 is history, 2009 is getting ready to hit the streets, and we're working on 2010.

I'm going to post more in the next couple days, but just so ya'll don't think I've been sitting on a yoga ball in front of my computer not doing a darn thing...

We've been doing a couple more photo shoots for some Avenir Product last week...and we had another one that failed last nite due to Seattle being Seattle.

I've been trying to keep up with the news that we're putting out a Pro version of our XXIX bike. A couple folks, outside of myself, have posted about it here and here.

We're putting the finishing touches on our website and new catalog so everyone can get a glimpse of the new product we're putting out this fall.

On a more personal note...I'm wrapping up a commute challenge that we had this summer.

I've signed up for Star Crossed.

They've announced the dates for SSCXWC and have started registration for it. I've signed up and am trying to come up with costume ideas. Odds are, I'm going to show up with about 20 people this year...so any "group" costume ideas would be welcome. I haven't heard much on it this year, but there are going to be a bunch of folks sporting Raleigh Single Speeds at the event.

I just found out today that I'm heading to Eurobike next week...I'll try and report as best I can while I'm there on what's new in beer technology...I mean bikes.

And don't forget Vegas is right around the corner.

While it doesn't look like there will be a ton of Commuting going during September, there should be plenty to write about. So if ya'll just want to hear the stories that will be following me for the next month...stay tuned. I'll still try and get as many riding stories and observations up...but they might be a tad...sparse.

I apologize for this Tag heavy/slightly corporate post...just know...deep down...I just want to ride my bike, drink a couple beers, and over caffeinate myself...everyday.

No comments: