Monday, August 4, 2008

Raleigh Rainier


I'm originally a Colorado kid at heart, but since I've moved to the Pac NW I've grown a fondness for the Beer From Here. And with the current state of Georgetown and the old Rainier Cold Storage building I've been on a rant as of late.


So to honor the the local brew, I came up with this Single Speed Cyclocross Bike to race this fall.


{Ahhhhhhh, finally}

{Force brake hoods and FSA at the helm}


{Rainier since 1884, Raleigh since 1887}


{Horizontal drop outs and double 39's up front to make it look mean}



{made for SS racing, nothing extra}


{Makes you want a Tall Boy, don't it?!}


I've been posting the parts as they've shown up and giving thanks to the companies helping me out with this project. But I'd like to say thanks again to FSA, TRP, Crank Brothers, Sella Italia, and Michelin. I'll extend my thanks here and here once the final pieces of this bike show up.



I was busy doing the 09 Photo Shoot last week (2009 is going to be quite a fun year around here!) so I haven't had a chance to really beat it up. But believe you me...this thing will be ridden hard, put away wet and will crash the 2009 SSCXWC with quite a Bang!

18 comments:

Brian Tucker said...

Super sweet ride, can't wait to see it in action!

Chunk said...

Nice! Daddy like.

For the world championships, please tell me you're gonna bust out some matching white leather pants.

double said...

ka-tshhhh (tall boy sound opening)
ka-tshhhh (see above)

Anonymous said...

Madison is purty close to Milwaukee... maybe I'll have to pull some strings and have a Rainer / Old Style showdown.

Brian Tucker said...

where did you get the custom decals done?

Anonymous said...

Need gold Hudz. I'll send them off once they are ready - hopefully in the next week or so... Otherwise a sweet ride...

Cheers,
- Lance

BF kemyooter said...

Brian - Thanks, I'm piecing together costume ideas for the season. One of our graphics guys helped me out with the decals and they were done overseas at our factory. I'm looking at having some made up to give out.

Chunk - I swore off racing in leather pants after last years WC. What are you going to do to change my mind?

Double - Stop it, you're making me thirsty

Hermes - Bring it to CrossVegas. I'm signing up tomorrow.

Lance - My nose is pressed to the windown waiting for the delivery man. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

sweet. sweet. sweet.

b | f said...

please tell me this is going into production!

Andrew F Martin said...

http://bikehugger.com/2008/10/more_raleigh_rainier.htm

Production? It's not on the site yet.

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence! I'd just decided to repaint my lugged steel frame white this winter. I wanted a unique graphic and after seeing the Traitor PBR frame at Recycled, had my epiphany! In honor of my last name, I would go with the Rainier 'R' logo.

I started looking for the Rainier logo and came across your gorgeous creation. This just confirmed my inspiration!!

By any chance are the decals you mentioned available for purchase? Would love to use them on my restoration.

GR (harcam12@yahoo.com)

BF kemyooter said...

Sorry. We didn't have any extra decals made up when we made the bike. If we ever have any show up though...I'll let ya know.

Unknown said...

What is the rear spacing on the Rainer? 135 130 132.5?

BF kemyooter said...

It's a 132.5 easy to accommodate road or mountain.

tamjam said...

love love love that bike. saw one recently at a race so now have to try to fine one for myself. what's the ETT on the size 55?

Unknown said...

Hey what is up? I saw this rig on Fillmore near Haight yesterday, are you the guy that said you are from Issaquah?

http://www.seattlesuperellouts.com

Unknown said...

http://www.seattlesupersellouts.com

ezPz said...

this tall boy's for you, keep ridin :)