Friday, September 12, 2008

EuroTrip Day II

If the movies have taught me anything, it's that Europe is a wacky place filled with strange people and customs. These things that are different from what we do every day lead to hijinx, hilarity, and occasional nudity.



Put some bikes in that movie and you would've had EuroBike. Well...it was lacking human robots...otherwise it was just like it!

Day 2 was long. Up early. Eating my Bacon way faster than anyone should eat Bacon. Slurping my coffee way faster than any one should slurp coffee. And then we walked. Walked. And Walked some more. The venue was absolutely enormous, and quite daunting. I really didn't know how we were going to be able to see everything that we did. I won't put up everything that we saw, just a few mentionables.

Ghost was carbon crazy and had it on everything...including the shock mounts on their mountain bikes.

This guy seemed to think that a 31.6 diameter seat post just wasn't big enough. So he made his own size all together. I didn't find out what it was...but I'm thinking a 40.0 will do the trick.

When white is looked at like last years color...start looking forward to the classics of NEON. Just wait for it people...neon is going to be the newest Black!

I just couldn't stop wondering what the stroke rate is for this thing.

On the slopes you can often hear people skiing say "if it was easy, they'd call it snowboarding". It looks like the folks at Head have this is the same mentality when they made this bike.

While you're riding in the back of a truck on your 4th shuttle run of the day...you can just start reading your headtube and handlebars to keep you up to date on the news.

I don't know what the point is of the 'extras', but it looked cool.

Europeans have been a little apprehensive in embracing the 29inch bike. But the guys over at 29inches should be psyched that this trend is starting to get noticed over there.

There seems to be some similar thinking going on here. If this is the direction of the commuter, I'm pretty stoked.

When you go into a shop this year and realize that prices have gone up (due to many reasons) rest assured that they are paying WAAAAAAY more for a similar product in Europe. This bike would retail for over $1200 in Greenbacks.

I started counting the teeth on this chainring but ran out of fingers real fast.

A couple of show Fixies

I was intrigued by the brake placement and couldn't help but shake my head when I saw a BMX crank on a Fixie.

And people wonder why I don't have any kids.


Exhausted we tried to meet up with our Raleigh UK family for some drinks and Schnitzel but our GPS unit was broken (meaning we took a wrong turn and ended up in Austria...I think).

Rather, we found a lovely little place to eat. Best part...my EuroTripp'n partners remembered it was my birthday and made sure I got exactly what I wanted.

The following day would be our last day there...and we found exactly what we were looking for.


No comments: