Thursday, May 17, 2007

MARDI GRAS MAMBO

Although I guess today it could be called “Jeudi Gras Mambo” since it’s Thursday...

Got my first flat tire of the month yesterday on the ride in to work. Not too bad considering I’d put almost 400 miles in for May, especially with the condition of some of the roads I ride in on (Yea, I’m talkin’ to you, Rainier Avenue South...). Anyway, Brian was kind enough to help out by documenting the tube change on film. I don’t think I’m ready for any speed change contests.



Today was cloudy but warm. Ran out of coffee beans last night, but had some fancy-pants ground stuff my sister had sent me from Switzerland so I tossed that in the French Press this morning. It made a couple of damn fine cups o’ java. I tip my hat to the Swiss. It put a needed extra kick into the legs.

Had the iShuffle filled with my New Orleans music playlist: a Jazz/Funk Gumbo seasoned liberally with The Rebirth Brass Band, Dr. John, Big Sam’s Funky Nation, Prof. Longhair, Louis Armstrong, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, and The Meters. Nothing like riding in to the boogie & swing of some sick stride-piano, trumpets, trombones, and especially the Tubaluba (R.I.P. Tuba Fats!)


Highlights/Lowlights: Everything was great today...

No comments: